Version 2.3.18 is a GA release of AppBoard that was released on June 25, 2013. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.3.18 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.3.18.
- Added portal apply command that can be used to restore an archive without overwriting certain local configuration files. (AB-52)
- Added documented support for Scientific Linux, Oracle Linux, and Amazon Linux Operating Systems (AB-113).
- Added two new comparitor operators, "IS EMPTY" and "IS NOT EMPTY", to the Simple Property Comparison when implementing a Client-Side Filter or Server-Side Filter. (2308)
- Enhanced the Stack Assignment interface to allow for re-ordering of Stacks in the "Provisioned Stacks" panel. (1636)
- Enhanced the Circular Gauge Widget allowing the user to select both 1st and 2nd label fields from anything in the Data Collection, and having a separate "value" configuration option which is not displayed as a label and just used to draw the gauge. (AB-105)
- Enhanced the layout manager so that when Widgets are moved from one horizontal or vertical grouping to another in the AppBoard Builder, the general layout of other Widgets in the destination grouping is maintained. (AB-81)
- Eliminated the prompt to configure an Action when clicking in a Widget in the AppBoard Builder that does not have any Actions configured. (AB-144)
- Upgraded Tomcat version to 7.0.40. (AB-227)
- Enhanced the Set Widget Selection Action to automatically scroll a target Widget to bring a selected item into view. (AB-256)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.3.18.
- Fixed several items that could cause bi-directional arrows to be displayed instead of directional arrows in the Topology Widget: (AB-41)
- Link styles were incorrectly being reused causing some links to affect the styles of other links.
- Link objects created by the processor were not being auto assigned unique IDs.
- Fixed an issue where a Widget is referencing CSV data in an association. If the data in an underlying (associated) data source changed, but the data in the primary data source did not change, the Widget was not showing the update. Corrected to show an update if data changes in either of the associated data sources. (2343)
- Fixed an issue in the Timeline Widget where the icons displayed could be shaded black and not readable. (2379)
- Fixed an issue that only affected release 2.3.15 in which passwords were being submitted in encrypted format when making web-url-request-based adapters to retrieve XML, CSV, and JSON data from external systems. (2358)
- Updated export.properties by adding several files to the default file import skip list, to prevent some observed issues by reducing the number of files that are transferred in from the archive of the prior system. (2258)
- Addressed various issues in the Topology Widget by requiring a Primary Key via a pop-up message if you build a Relational Model using Associations that do not have Primary Keys defined. (2142)
- Fixed an issue where the re-size cursor could display instead of the pointer cursor when mousing over certain combinations of Widgets on a Board. (AB-83)
- Fixed an issue where using the "Is Empty" or "Is Not Empty" comparator in a Server-side Filter could cause a Query parse error. (AB-204)
- Fixed an issue where a Web Widget can show blank content in some specific cases, when switching from one Stack to another, until AppBoard is refreshed. (AB-206)
- Fixed an issue where opening certain Stacks with Topology Widgets could produce Error #2123: Security sandbox violation. (AB-176)
- Fixed an issue that would crash the AppBoard Builder if fields in the Data Collection editor were left blank for a Server-side Sort. (AB-158)
- Fixed an issue where selecting a different Data Collection as the source for certain Widgets would not be saved in the Widget configuration. (AB-177)
- Fixed an issue where a change in context Action in a Diagrammer Widget could report "No Diagram Found". (AB-146)
- Fixed an issue in the Bullet Chart Widget where on initial client load the chart rendered as if no thresholds were set (AB-141)
- Fixed an issue where some browsers would restrict display of content in the Google Map Widget when running AppBoard in HTTPS mode. (AB-193)
- Modified web service adapters to handle redirects when http response code 302 messages are encountered. (AB-243)
- Enhanced restore utility on Unix operating systems (portal.sh command) to support spaces in the archive name. (AB-196)
- Fixed an issue where Show Data Tip Actions were not displaying in some cases on a Clone Widget. (AB-226)
- Fixed an issue in AppBoard 2.3.17 where, in some cases, an Icon List Widget or Status List Widget will not display data in the AppBoard Builder mode until you switch away from the builder to a settings screen and then back. (AB-241)
- Enhanced the behavior of the Circular Gauge Widget to support repeated selections in the Widget: (AB-261)
- Changed the handling of the Set Widget Selection Action to unselect a selected item, allowing subsequent clicking when returning to the original Board.
- Changed the invoking of Actions so that clicking an already selected item will still fire Actions.
- Fixed an issue in the Status List Widget and Icon List Widget where using a Data Collection with a Server Side Sort would cause an error. (AB-289)
- Fixed an issue in the Diagrammer Widget where labels were deleted when editing a note. (AB-228)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.3.18.
- Some potential issues have been observed when an AppBoard instance has multiple Themes with the same name:
- Older versions of AppBoard did not enforce unique Theme names. If running an older version of AppBoard (versions prior to 2.3.17), check the Theme editor in the AppBoard Builder UI for a list of Themes. If multiple Themes have the same name, delete the extra Themes.
- When migrating Themes from one server to another, it is possible to end up with duplicate theme names. After completing any migrations, check the Theme editor in the AppBoard Builder UI for a list of Themes. If multiple Themes have the same name, delete the extra Themes.
- In advanced system designs where there are multiple Widgets invoking queries with SHIM expression, care must be taken to avoid race conditions between a server filter being applied by an Action, and another server filter being applied by same Action on a related list. For more information, see Best Practices in SHIM Expressions (AB-197)
- In some cases, after a Colored Shape Filter is applied, the drop-down box will display as "No Colored Shape Filter" when you return to the editor. Workaround is to validate that the Colored Shape Filter is working properly, even though it is not displayed as being selected in the configuration panel. (AB-368)
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information