Version 2.3.19 is a GA release of AppBoard that was released on July 25, 2013. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.3.19 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
- Added a new configuration option for data adapters: (AB-398)
- Parameter: "maxCacheTimeout"
- Configuration File: [Install_Home]/server/webapps/enportal/visualizer/assets/config.xml
- Default Value: 24 (hours)
- Purpose: Sets the maximum amount of time that the AppBoard server will wait before fetching fresh data from the original data source. Previously this was hard-coded to 24 hours in all cases. In some cases, the customer will want to wait more than 24 hours before updating the data in the server cache.
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.3.19.
- Fixed an issue where going forward and back again in the Data Collection Wizard could cause an error: "Appboard does not yet support non-DataObject association values". (AB-254)
- Fixed an issue when editing a diagram in the Diagrammer Widget. After adding a node and returning to configure the item, the pop-up shows the list of all available items for selection, but failed to show the existing selection. (AB-229)
- Fixed an issue in the Stacks and Boards Administration panel. The context-data-type check-box was always shown as "off" when editing a child Board, even if a context-data-type was actually enabled. (AB-353)
- Fixed an issue in the Complex Filter Widget. When clicking on "Add Rule" as a non-administrator user, AppBoard faulted with the message "TypeError: Error #1007". (AB-365)
- Improved cache cleanup algorithms to alleviate out-of-memory or java heap space issues, such as in cases where a custom adapter is saving a significant amount of query data to the cache. (AB-402)
- Fixed an issue that only affects systems where a custom adapter was written and an a class file was not present to work with the registered adapter. Fixed so that a null pointer exception is not displayed, and adapter is not displayed as an option if a class file is not found. (AB-399)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.3.19.
- When creating a template, after receiving an error on the template creation screen the client needs to be refreshed before resuming the template creation process. (AB-182)
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information