Version 2.4.2 is a version of AppBoard that was released on April 3rd, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.4.2 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.4.2.
- Added a new fill option "None" to the Area Chart Widget. One application of this would be to show threshold lines by adding a fixed value in each record of the data and showing that value overlaid on the chart with fill set to "None". (AB-702)
- Enhanced the Import/Export feature to support exporting and importing Diagrams without requiring an associated Stack. (AB-735)
- Upgraded the Apache/Tomcat web server component to version 7.0.52. (AB-748)
- Expanded the Help/About page to show additional detail of the OS platform and Tomcat version. (AB-766) (AB-771)
- Added a new Base Theme option called "Flat", which has no drop shadows, no gradients, or alpha. (AB-750)
- Added a "flat" login page that matches the flat theme, which is available under [Install_Home]/server/webapps/enportal/login_pages/edgeFlat/login.jsp. It is completely themable via CSS without the use of images except for the actual logo image. (AB-765)
- Added an "Actions" button to the Widgets administration page which allows the administrator to manage the Actions assigned to a selected Widget. (AB-754)
- Added support for parameter-based Kiosk Mode, which is useful for unattended displays to cycle through a set of stacks automatically. (AB-711)
- Added support for parameter-based Client Refresh option, which can auto-refresh the browser at regular intervals to prevent memory build-up from causing the browser to crash. (AB-711)
- Enhanced all the chart Widgets where DateTimeAxis is used as the Type, to provide better control over labeling on the x-axis. A specific value can be chosen, or "auto" can be used to let the widget decide the best value to use. An option to change the date-time format is also available. (AB-743)
- Added a new option for the Sparkline Renderer in the Basic Table Widget, which supports providing Data Tips in the Sparkline. (AB-741)
- For Mac users, added a dock/tray icon for the enPortal/AppBoard server. For additional detail, see Runtime Options. (AB-774)
- Added several improvements to the editing of data sources for Nodes and Links in the Diagrammer Widget. (AB-749)
- Improved the controls in the Diagnostics Panel. (AB-749)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.4.2.
- Enhanced the Table Widget such that if an item is selected, and the selected element scrolls to a different location or is removed, the view is appropriately updated to maintain the visibility of the selected row. A primary key is required in the table's Data Collection for this to work. (AB-726)
- Fixed an issue where a Quick Action Widget would refresh to show no selection when polling occurs on the underlying Data Collection. (AB-677)
- Fixed an issue where entering text in the "Quick Filter" field on the "Edit Data Source" panel in the Diagrammer Widget could cause the browser to crash. (AB-737)
- Fixed an issue where in some cases a Launch URL Action will not work the first time when targeting a Widget on a Child Board, but will work on subsequent attempts. (AB-740)
- Corrected some installation issues that can occur on Unix platforms when the install path includes spaces. (AB-758)
- Fixed some installation issues observed on certain Solaris platforms:
- The /var/run directory could be a temporary filesystem (in-memory) which is cleared on reboot. As a result the service sub-directory may not exist which means the AppBoard service wouldn't start. (AB-760)
- A blank initial working directory on reboot could cause the service script to fail. (AB-760)
- The stop.sh script did not detect running threads properly, and did not shut down AppBoard. (AB-761)
- Improved OS detection functionality in the installation process, helping to eliminate issues where a Linux distribution does not ship with the redhat-lsb package installed by default. (AB-543)
- Fixed an issue where renaming a Stack sometimes was not completely reflected in the UI. (AB-768)
- Fixed an issue when using Oracle as the system persistence database where the login page would continuously cycle after the connection to Oracle was lost and then re-established. (AB-757)
- Fixed handling of cases where certain Stacks can have no root Board. Corrected display of such Stacks in Stack Assignment page and added code to remove them when restoring an archive. (AB-746)
- Updated documentation and on-screen display for encrypted items on the Session Variables screen. (AB-494)
- Fixed an issue where filtering a LONG attribute in a the Data Collection editor by using a filter such as "field > 0" would filter out all rows. (AB-769)
- Fixed an issue where parts of the configuration for certain Chart Widgets could sometimes be lost. (AB-784)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.4.2.
- In a Table Widget, if a context menu is shown for a selected item, and the selected item then moves up or down in the table display, the context menu does not move with the selected item. (AB-734)
- When configuring a Show Data Tip Action, if only a widget-generated data tip is enabled, an error message will be displayed when clicking in the widget. (AB-795)
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information.