Version 2.4.3 is a version of AppBoard that was released on June 6, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.4.3 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.4.3.
- Added access to custom HTML Widgets. These Widgets use the same framework as other Widgets, but are highly customizable through the use of the HTML Widget API. AppBoard provides an example HTML table widget for experimentation. (AB-751)
- Added support for session variable settings in the HTML Widget, which can present an input form to a user to provide parameters for a Server-side Filter. (AB-823)
- Improved the performance of the system when editing Widget configuration. The Widget preview was enhanced to use an existing in-memory instance of a Data Collection, rather than re-loading the data for preview purposes. (AB-788)
- Implemented multiple improvements to assist with the handling of larger data collections. This includes three configuration options in [Install_Home]/server/webapps/enportal/visualizer/assets/config.xml to help provide balance between UI responsiveness and speed to process large data collections.(AB-800)
- Enhanced the performance of the system during configuration by disabling polling of Data Collections while editing Widgets or Widget Actions and while in the System Administration page. (AB-809)
- Added "Tint Node" toggle configuration option to the Topology Widget. Previously, in "Icon Only" mode the icons were always tinted. The tinting can now be disabled. (AB-767)
- Adjusted the client refresh rate to reduce CPU usage. (AB-819)
- Improved the hierarchy for how the JAVA_HOME setting is determined on Unix systems when running the post_install script. For more detail, see JAVA_HOME preference. (AB-807)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.4.3.
- Fixed an issue where creating a Data Tip Action without selecting any fields to display in the data tip would cause an error. (AB-795)
- Updated the documentation and in-product display icons for each Widget to reflect the most current mobile device support. (AB-790)
- Fixed an issue encountered when displaying AppBoard Web Page Widgets in enPortal views with caching enabled in Internet Explorer 9 or 10. Content was lost when navigating away from a view and then back again. (AB-783)
- Fixed the the HTML example Table Widget in the Welcome samples to use only local resources. This corrects an issue where some sample Widgets would show incomplete content when running without an internet connection. (AB-799)
- Fixed an issue in the Tile Map Widget which could cause the client to crash for certain types of Tile Maps in an environment with no internet connection. (AB-798)
- Fixed an issue where the default saved sort configuration for columns in a Table Widget was being changed or corrupted by end-user and/or Data Mode activity. The sorts will now always revert to the saved configuration at the end of the current session. (AB-773)
- Fixed an issue that could occur when using the Launch URL Action with data that includes "One to One" Associations. If the Action is fired for a row where that associated field is null (no match in the associated Data Source), the client would crash. (AB-794)
- Fixed an issue in the CSV Data Adapter that would cause lines to be skipped when a closing '\' character in a field would cause the quote delimiter to be escaped (ignored). Changed the default behavior to recognize the '\' character and not interpret it as an escape. (AB-825)
- Implemented several fixes to better handle situations where Themes become invalid, due to inaccessibility of a parent Theme or other reasons. (AB-822)
- Fixed an issue with the Set Widget Selection Action where the target Widget was not scrolling to display the selected item. (AB-828)
- Fixed an issue with the Area Chart Widget where the default value was showing as blank and using "Overlaid" instead of "Stacked". (AB-816)
- Fixed some minor issues observed when moving or re-sizing certain types of Widgets. In some cases, Widgets did not properly hide during the layout modification process. (AB-827)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.4.3.
- In the Data Tip Action, a "widget-generated-data-tip" is not displayed for click actions. It does work for the more commonly used hover data tip. (AB-795)
- Using the Import/Export feature, it is possible to export a Theme without its parent. If you then import this Theme to a system that also does not have the parent, this will result in an invalid theme. (AB-842)
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information.