Version 2.5 is a GA version of AppBoard released on July 14, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.5 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. Supported Platform Changes
AppBoard 2.5 introduces a number of changes to the supported platforms:
- Added server support for Java 8
- Remove server support for Java 6
- Added server support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Added server support for RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- Removed client support for Internet Explorer 7
4. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.5.
- Implemented several general code quality improvements through the use of static code analysis tools. (AB-818)
5. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.5.
- Corrected an issue where the "edgeFlat" login page directory was getting included in system archives. (EN-137)
- Fixed an issue where installing AppBoard as a service required using the Java JDK and did not work properly with the Java JRE. (EN-138)
6. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.5.
- When running AppBoard using Java 8 the following error messages may be shown and are safe to ignore:
- ... warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m; support was removed in 8.0
- ... warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
7. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information