- Obtain the latest GA version
- Verify the target system meets the System Requirements
- Ensure you have a valid license file
When upgrading there are additional considerations:
- major version upgrades should be performed in a lab before deploying to production, for example moving from enPortal v4.x to v5.x (see Upgrading from Legacy enPortal). Once any differences have been dealt with, a new version archive can be produced and be used when upgrading to production.
- ensure you have a full archive before starting (see Backup and Recovery)
- perform a clean installation, then restore the archive. i.e. never uncompress a new version of the product over the top of an existing install unless directed by support.
4. Running enPortal
Refer to the OS specific installation guides above for starting/stopping enPortal. Please see the Accessing enPortal page to access enPortal once it's running.
5. Related Topics
- Runtime Options
- Memory Configuration
- SSL Configuration (HTTPS secure access)
- Clustering & Failover
- Enabling CGI
- Multiple Instances