This page answers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about getting started with enPortal.
For FAQs about getting started with AppBoard, see the AppBoard Getting Started FAQ
1. Getting Started
1.1. How do I check for a new version of enPortal and download the latest version of enPortal?
enPortal customers can download the latest version of enPortal at any time from the Edge Customer Download site:
- Please visit our download site by going to http://www.edge-technologies.com/user/login
- Enter the credentials provided to your organization.
- Once you have successfully logged in, select the latest "enPortal GA Release" link and download the software bundle. Note: the "AppBoard GA Release" is a bundle that includes both AppBoard and enPortal.
If you forgot your login credentials, contact Technical Support.
1.2. How do I install enPortal?
- Download the enPortal software and license provided by your product vendor or distributor.
- Confirm that your server meets the System Requirements
- Install the free Java Development Kit (JDK) - available at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Follow the installation instructions:
1.3. How do I configure Users and Roles?
To configure Users and Roles, log in to the Administration UI and follow the instructions for provisioning. Click the link below for detailed instructions:
1.4. How do I apply my own custom skins, themes, branding, and logos?
An enPortal Look And Feel (LAF) is a collection of settings that manage the overall visual presentation of the application to the end-user in the web browser. Elements included in a LAF include colors, button styles, shadows, borders, backgrounds, logo, and so on.
Detail regarding the enPortal LAF configuration is available at the following: