This page provides information about version 5.3.4 of enPortal, which was released on January 9, 2013. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues for this release.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Role/domain-based access via a secure proxy data
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to enPortal that are included in version 5.3.4.
- Added custom directories in the default installation. These directories indicate the file locations that will be preserved when upgrading enPortal to future versions. All customer customization files should be saved in one of these custom directories that are provided, whenever possible. (1606)
- Replace the Phaos component used in the system (providing CRS SSL to back-end server support), and also upgraded to the current httpclient libraries. Changes include the following: (1267)
- Upgraded to the latest httpclient v4.2
- Removed Phaos libraries
- Removed Java_EdgeEnportal's dependency on Java_EdgeHttpClient
- A new Product Integration Module (PIM) is available for HP BAC/BPM (Business Availability Center / Business Process Monitor) 9.10.450. (2036)
- Updated edge-connector.jar to v7.0.32 and updated the bundled version of Tomcat to v7.0.32. (2096)
- A new Product Integration Module (PIM) is available for xMatters Enterprise v5.0. (1980)
- A new Product Integration Module (PIM) is available for Splunk v4.3.4. (2138)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in enPortal version 5.3.4.
- Fixed an issue where Users were not being locked out after exceeding the number of permitted login attempts in the Password Policy configuration. (1492)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the known issues in enPortal version 5.3.4.
- Certain database drivers that were bundled with previous versions of enPortal are no longer included. The user would need to download the driver and save into [enPortal_Home]/server/webapps/enportal/WEB-INF/lib/. For example, to use MySQL you would need to download the JDBC driver file (such as mysql-connector-java-5.1.19.jar) and save in the /lib/ directory. The error message indicating a missing driver would be "Failed loading JDBC Driver" in Appboard.log.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.