Enportal/5.6/admin/user administration/user impersonation
As an administrator of the system it can be useful to impersonate a specific user/role combination for the following purposes:
- When creating and provisioning content to ensure the correct content has been assigned and is working.
- To help in troubleshooting issues a user may be experiencing.
- Does not require disclosing of password information.
The easiest way to use impersonation is in the context of either a user or role. The screenshot above is an example in the context of a user. To use the Impersonate feature follow these steps:
- You must be logged in as an administrator (/portalAdministration role).
- Use the right mouse button to bring up the context menu on either a user or a role and select Impersonate.
- The impersonate form will appear with either the User ID and Domain auto-completed when in the context of a user, or the Role auto-completed when in the context of a role. Complete the missing fields - all fields are required.
- Click the Apply button at the top of the page.
- When done impersonating a user, log out as per normal, and re-login as the administrator.