Enportal/5.6/release notes 5.6.2
This page summarizes the new features, resolved issues, and known issues in enPortal version 5.6.2 released on Aug 4th, 2016.
What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
- Log total session time to session.log. (EN-286)
- Enhance times shown in log files to include full date and time. (EN-291)
- Include Actor (role, user, domain) and session details in access log for better auditing support. (EN-302)
- Security Fix: Fixed redirect validation. (EN-309)
- Removed runtime configuration settings specific to Java 7 as the system now requires Java 8. (EN-314)
- The Session Validation Filter, added in 2.6.1, will redirect any unauthenticated request to the login page. This was added as a security enhancement. If you see this behavior and want the page to be accessible, you must add an allowed path to the custom configuration file.
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.