Enportal/5.6/release notes 5.6.6
This page summarizes the new features, resolved issues, and known issues in enPortal version 5.6.6 released on July 13th, 2017.
What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
- Upgraded embedded Tomcat to v7.0.78. (AB-1311)
- Update to allow keystore & truststore passwords to be encrypted in setenv-custom.(sh|bat) and also directly in Tomcat's server.xml configuration. (EN-337)
- Fix Windows service command dropping CUSTOM_JAVA_SERVICE_OPTS. (AB-1303)
- Upgraded GroovyAll Library to v2.4.12. (AB-1312)
- Fix issues in OpenSAML integration allowing some improved control over sign-on integration: Allow ignore IdP Groups, validation of IdP response flags, improved logging control.
- Upgraded OpenSAML to v3.3.0. (AB-1312)
- The Session Validation Filter, added in 2.6.1, will redirect any unauthenticated request to the login page. This was added as a security enhancement. If you see this behavior and want the page to be accessible, you must add an allowed path to the custom configuration file.
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.