- Obtain the latest GA version
- Verify the target system meets the System Requirements
- Ensure you have a valid license file
When upgrading there are additional considerations:
- major version upgrades should be performed in a lab before deploying to production, for example moving from AppBoard v2.5 to v2.6. Once any differences have been dealt with, a new version archive can be produced and this used when upgrading production.
- ensure you have a full archive before starting (see Backup and Recovery)
- perform a clean installation, then restore/apply the archive. i.e. never uncompress a new version of the product over the top of an existing install unless directed by support.
- it is necessary to log into the Builder at least once to ensure all widgets are upgraded.
Refer to the OS specific installation guides above for starting/stopping AppBoard. Also see the Accessing AppBoard page to access AppBoard once it's running.